Saturday 11 October 2014

My SBI PO - 2013 Interview Experience ( Finally scored 25/30 in interview and got selected too )

Hi all , I cleared SBI PO 2013 and was allotted Gujarat Circle. I am an alumni of Amity University Noida and a computer science engineer. While I was in college I was placed HCL but did not join for obvious reasons and started preparing for govt. exams.

My score in SBI PO - 

Objective(200)= 123 
Written(50)= 32 
GD(20) + Interview(30) =  12+25

Overall normalized score = 65 out of 100 (last general candidate selected at 63 normalized score)

I am hereby giving my interview experience as I scored really well in the interview , i.e. 25 out of 30.

The panel was of 4 male members . One of them was some kind of psychological expert , he never spoke.
Here it goes - I entered the room and they were already done with a quick look at my resume.

M1: you know German , you have mentioned it in your resume.
Me : yes. (totally caught unaware , never thought this will be the first thing they will ask after courtesies)
So M1  said that he also knows german
And started asking me very tough german word meanings
I told ki I know only basic stuff like counting , a few paras etc.
He asked counting in german and I answered correctly he was satisfied then.

M2 then asked about amity
He said that amity is big brand .. is it indian.. how many campuses? I told all about it . Was impressed
Told about achievements of my various seniors too in various disciplines.

M3 : then y u didnt join hcl??
 I told not good enough package i deserve more
 He said okk
 Then he asked ki what do you know in banking
I said that I know nothing much as i m engineering graduate and that I prepared banking basics like repo reverse repo crr slr etc
So he dint question further in that respect.
M3 said ki okk .. I want to know ki what do you know.. not what you dont know..

M1:  So tell me from which area i should ask  questions ??
Then i said ki you can ask from any general awareness topic Or gk stuff
So as they had my 4 biodata copies already with them, he said that you hv written reading as hobby.
I said yess i like to read historical fiction Like da vinci code , angels and demons,  Immortals of meluha, Etc etc. They got impressed.

So now the M2 guy took over
He said that I think you have interest in history
I said yes and then he started asking questions from history , like a quick fire round.

M2 :When was indus valley civilization established
I replied started 2500 bc and ended 1750 bc
He said ok.. now tell who deciphered indus valley script?
           I said it has not been deciphered.
           But he said no it has been.
           I said no u r wrong.

Then he said ok.. now tell about sarnath and sanchi?
 I told all historical facts related to them..
 Then he asked sabse tough who excavated sanchi??
 I remembered that i had somewhere read about Cunningham and guessed he was the one who did it.

He asked who was he ??
I replied first director general of archaeological survey of india. It was a guess so I asked permission to guess, was not sure about it at all.
Was really really impressed

Then asked about Lothal?
I told it was port city of harappan civilization
Then he stopped asking at last when i started reciting in front of him names of all excavators like b b lal  john marshal etc
In fact He said okk okk now you can stop. 

 And told that he gives me 100/100 in history and that i am very thorough with my interest but sadly it is not history exam. Not a great time to mock and I was quite nervous at that point of time. Point to mention - History is my UPSC optional. :)

So now M3 takes over. Our gd topic was " women are better managers ",  So all 8 people who spoke before me supported this theme.
But i was only one ( my turn was 9th ) who opposed this theory altogether. By saying being better manager has nothing to do with gender prejudice all are equal.. gave preamble and constitutional references. ( maybe this backfired = poor score in GD)
         
The panel was same in interview and gd ... and they noted down what I has said in GD
Now in interview when M3 started he said-
M3: you were very precise and too the point in GD. What did you think of gd topic as you were only one who vehemently denied it
Me : I said frankly it was absurd in my opinion. ( Absurd was not the right word to use but somehow came out of my mouth and He was taken aback .. I was also afraid that what have I said )

Then he asked tauntingly ( changed from appreciating stance )
M3 : what in your view should be the title then?
 I tried to calmly handle the situation
 I said that Sir what i want to say is that in india our constitution treats women as welfare subject because they were downtrodden  and ill treated .. but constitution never said that anyone is better than someone on the basis of prejudices of caste and gender etc.

He was now a bit relieved. The angry expression was gone from his face. I was relieved too . Phew!!
So i said that in my view it should have been " are women equally good managers " then i would have supported it...
 Now he was very much satisfied with this answer and nodded ...  And passed on again to the first guy.. ( the fourth guy infact never spoke during the half an hour interview )

After all such questions, M1 started with economics :
Why rupee is falling ,  Why gold price is falling,  What is policy paralysis,  FDI in bank, 
Can nationalised bank accept FDI specially SBI.
 In this question I was not sure so told that I guess that they cant.

 So now again after economics .. M2 had his turn :
 He asked me about recent supreme court judgments.
 I told the one about representation of people act 1951 related one  And about electoral reforms.

 Then he said that no there is one more. I told that supreme court has directed govt to regulate acid bottle sale due to attack on women
 Then he again said ki nhi another one  , I answered sir there is one more banning caste based rallies in UP .. but it is by allahabd high court.. i think you want to know about that.  Then he said that haan i wanted to know that.

 Now he asked about social problems in India.  I said that there are truck loads. Recited all indian problems one by one

Then atlast when they were all satisfied, they looked towards each other and said that you can leave now.

 Then i said good evening to all , specially to fourth guy who dint ask anything and came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment